Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012

With the New Year of 2012 arrived at last, I find myself thinking of many, many projects unfinished and some even forever left behind, appointments missed, things I've missed out on and things that will never be forgotten. My New Years Resolution this year? Love stronger, laugh harder, live happier. I'm going to spend more quality time with my children, make sure the Man knows how much I appreciate him and his hard work to support our family, and I'm going to stop sweating the small stuff.


It's been a tough year on top of a couple of "not so great" years. 2011 just about kicked my ass, excuse my language, but that's the best way to explain it. However, its over now; Mr. 2011 has grown and gone and today is a fresh, brand spankin' new year to look forward to. So, that's exactly what I intend to do - look FORWARD. I have goals to fulfill and people to love and cupcakes to bake and chocolate that just must be eaten with a stupendously delicious, hot, steaming cup of the best coffee on earth.


So lift your cups, your glasses, your cans of Monster and Coke, your hands, your hearts, or whatever it is you want to offer up and welcome this new year. Blare it out in your worst singing voice and wear it on your face like a big ol' sign of happiness because life is short and we need to live it up people! 


May you be blessed in all you endeavor. Help those who aren't as fortunate as you - and yes, there is ALWAYS someone less fortunate whether you think so or not. Be glad for the small things, let the hardships land on the ground and not your shoulders, and breathe. Just - let - yourself - breathe.


I love you all. Happy 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment